Modern Chalet Near Chimney Rock + Lake Lure
Chimney Rock Chalet
Welcome to Chimney Chalet, a serene getaway that’s close to everything in Chimney Rock and Lake Lure, NC. On the porch, rock or swing to the calming sounds of the Broad River just across the street while gazing at the one and only Chimney Rock State Park. Shopping, dining, river-splashing, hiking, and Lake Lure are just minutes away from this centrally-located chalet. Inside, relax in a clean, modern chalet-style cabin with a fully-equipped kitchen, new Helix mattresses, and plenty of space even while you’re enjoying time together.
Chimney Rock Chalet
Welcome to Chimney Rock Chalet, consisting of all three floors of the Chalet, accessible via the bottom-level front door or the yellow stairs to the left.
Chimney Summit Chalet
Welcome to Chimney Summit Chalet, consisting of floors 2 and 3 of the Chalet, accessible via the the yellow stairs to the left.
Chimney Base Chalet
Welcome to Chimney Base Chalet, consisting of the bottom floor of the Chalet, accessible via the bottom-level front door.
How to Book in 3 Easy Steps
Check dates and availability for your chosen property
Fill in the form: Tell us about yourself and who you’re traveling with
Complete the booking with our secure checkout process
Your Chimney Rock & Lake Lure Adventure Awaits
You may never get tired of hanging in the chalet and staring at the mountains, but adventure awaits! Here are some of our favorite spots:
Hiking and Nature
- Take in the panoramic 75-mile view from the summit of Chimney Rock, explore several hiking trails and the gorgeous Hickory Nut Falls waterfall, one of the tallest waterfalls east of the Mississippi River, at the famous Chimney Rock State Park.
- Also check out the Bearwallow Mountain Trail, part of the 13-mile Upper Hickory Nut Gorge Trail System, with its panoramic views of Mt. Mitchell, Mt. Pisgah, Hickory Nut Gorge, downtown Hendersonville, and the high country of South Carolina.
- The Lake Lure Flowering Bridge is 155 feet of gorgeous flowers and plants crossing over to the Lake. Free and just 4 minutes from the chalet.
- Discover the adorable town of Chimney Rock Village with its locally-owned shops, delicious eateries, and activities for all ages, all against the backdrop of Chimney Rock and the Broad River.
- Hot and tired from shopping? Stroll along the Rocky Broad River Walk just behind the shops and dip your toes in the cool waters of the river.
- Sip on a glass of local wine at Burntshirt Vineyards Tasting Room and Bistro, just 2 minutes down Main Street from the chalet. Take in 30-mile views at Point Lookout Vineyards, just 15 minutes from the Chalet on Point Lookout Mountain.
- Hickory Nut Gorge Brewery at Chimney Rock Village is another favorite–grab a beer and sit out on one of the several decks overlooking the river and chill after an afternoon of shopping.
- At Lake Lure just 13 minutes from the chalet, Highlands Kitchen & Bar has gorgeous lake and mountain views and delicious food and cocktails.
- Lured Market & Grill makes amazing sandwiches! Gorgeous seating outdoors with views of the Lake.
- For the kids, stop by Scoop Lake Lure for some ice cream after a day on the water!
- Lake Lure is known for Dirty Dancing, The Last of the Mohicans, and other iconic films. Spend a day at the public Lake Lure Beach and Water Park with waterslides, beach, games, and more all surrounded by the gorgeous Blue Ridge Mountains. (Note there is an admission price so please call or visit the website to learn more).
- Rent a boat or sign up for a waterskiing, tubing, wakeboarding, or guided fishing adventure with Lake Lure Adventure Company. You can also rent boats (motorized, fishing, and non-motorized like kayaks and stand up paddleboards) from Lake Lure Tours.
Just next door to the Chalet, the beautiful historic Esmeralda Inn, Restaurant and Spa is the perfect way to pamper yourself with a spa treatment and dinner after a long day of play. Be sure to ask about the floorboards, which came from the Dirty Dancing movie set after a fire in the hotel!
Heading up to Asheville for the day? Our favorite spot is the Battery Park Book Exchange, a magical space of book-themed coffee drinks, champagne cocktails, and books books books.